Are you interested in cheffing it up? This free (five-week) hands-on cooking series teaches beginners the tools to be successful and safe in the kitchen! Meet new friends, enjoy healthy meals, and learn to cook nutritiously on a budget.
Why the Fruit?
Because Health & Wellness wants you to have access to fiber, vitamins & minerals! Why The Fruit? (WTF) Program allows Health & Wellness to provide fresh, local, and organic fruit to partners campus-wide. We deliver fruit to the following locations on Tuesdays:
1. Health & Wellness Rejuvenation Station (Wednesdays at Veterans Resource Center, Building 434, Room 123)
2. Women's Center / Health & Wellness
3. Student Resource Building (1st, 2nd, and 34 floors)
4. SNAC/Basic Needs Center
5. Career Center/CAPS lobby
6. Multicultural Center
7. Transfer Student Center (Inside the UCSB Library)
8. ONDAS (Opening New Doors to Accelerating Success) Kerr Hall 1150
And you can always pick up free food from AS Food Bank. Click the "AS Food Bank Hours" link below to see their open hours.
The Food, Nutrition, and Basic Skills Program (FNBS) is a coalition effort between students, staff, faculty, and community members to empower our students with the skills to become more food secure, we aim to support student success in the kitchen and provide skills they can utilize long after graduation. All recipes are designed to be affordable, flexible ingredients, and can easily incorporate different dietary preferences.