Quick No Cook Recipes
- 6 medium very ripe tomatoes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 6 large basil leaves
- 4 Tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, preferable good quality sea salt (optional)
- Core out the stem end of the tomatoes, removing any white-ish flesh near the stem, by inserting a paring knife at a 45-degree angle near the stem, rotating the tomato around the blade, and removing (and discarding) the bit of core.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/4-inch slices (a sharp or serrated knife will help make smooth slices).
- Cut the mozzarella into similarly 1/4-inch slices and Layer the tomato and mozzarella slices on a serving platter or on four individual salad plates
- Drizzle the salad(s) with olive oil and pesto, sprinkle them with salt to taste, if you like.
- You can leave the basil leaves whole, tear them by hand into smaller pieces, or cut them into ribbons.